Service Desk Experience Assessment (S-Dex)
We are pleased to officially launch S-Dex, our Service Desk Experience assessment that helps organisations fast track the journey to Service Desk excellence.
Businesses and customers now expect much more from an IT service and won’t settle for anything less than good. Whether your service desk function is managed and delivered internally or externally, there is now a real need and pressure to ensure that the IT Service Desk, the `shop window` of your IT department delivers a first-class customer experience.
What is S-Dex and how does it work?
Based on SDI, Lean-Agile principles and 22 years of Service Management good practice experience from across all market sectors, an S-Dex engagement is designed to help you achieve a first-class Service Desk function and capability, with the programme tailored to your organisation and its environment.
Working closely with your service desk team and its customers, we start by carrying out an interactive discovery exercise, that takes roughly 2-3 weeks, to build a picture of –
- Customer journeys, and the process customers go through when engaging with the Service Desk
- Team structures, roles and skills, and whether these are the right fit
- Current level of service desk staff engagement with the wider business and its goals
- Processes and practices being followed and used, eg: Request Fulfilment, Incident Management and Problem Management, how effective these are and where they can be improved
- Tool sets being used to log and escalate requests and incidents, how effectively these are being used, and the potential for automation and `shift left` opportunities
- KPIs, metrics and reporting, and if the right things are being reported on and measured
From the discovery phase, we produce a report and deliver a presentation to your service desk team, that summarises our findings and captures the structured improvement and evolution path/roadmap that we have set out. We structure this in such a way that it won’t have an impact on your peoples’ day-to-day duties but will deliver on-going benefits.
Beyond this, and if you need us to, we can support you in your improvement programme, by coming in at scheduled intervals, providing `check and balances`, helping you to stay on track with the evolution roadmap, and providing guidance and mentoring.
Benefits of S-Dex?
- S-Dex has been created by experienced IT professionals to meet the demands of businesses today
- S-Dex is unique, as it focuses on both how your Service Desk operates, AND the needs and wants of the end customer
- It isn’t simply a `box ticking` exercise and provides clarity and guidance ensuring that your service desk is set up for the future
- Your road-map and journey for improvement, although based on good practice, is fully adapted to your organisation’s service desk, size, structure and current maturity, ensuring that you will not only achieve the desired level of excellence, but that the improvement journey will be both enjoyable and rewarding for all involved
- The initial engagement, report and presentation takes only a matter of weeks, meaning that the disruption to your Service Desk is minimal
Get in Touch
To find out more on how our S-Dex can benefit your organisation. Contact us on : 02078682405 or firstname.lastname@example.org