Gartner will shortly produce another Magic Quadrant (GMQ) for ITSM Tooling and it will not be rocket science. By far and away Servicenow.com leads the way with BMC just behind them and the rest following thereafter.
There are apparently over 400 products covering the different levels of support businesses are looking for from an ITSM tool, yet only a dozen make the GMQ.
Based on our experience of what businesses require and what software companies provide, the range of functionalities seems to be:
- Americano – Support Desk, Incident, Request, some Self-Service Request, and Ticket Reporting
- Cappuccino – Level 1 plus Problem, Change, Configuration, more Self-Service and Knowledge
- Latte – Level 2 plus Asset Discovery, Service Levels, Enhanced Service Catalogue, Real-time Dash-boarding, and some End-to-End Reporting
- Double Shot Macchiato - Level 3 with greater Automation and with integration with other areas of the Enterprise (e.g. HR, Finance, Facilities, CRM)
- Double Frap Macca Soya – Level 3
A simple and rapid assessment of needs and marketplace would cut a 6-month process into 6 weeks.
The iCore ITSM Tool Selection Workshop and Standard RFP Approach can help you make the right choice, so that you get the best product for you sooner rather than later.
Want to know more?
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone – 0207 868 2405