Position: IT Service Delivery Consultant
iCore is the largest independent, specialist IT Services consultancy in the UK. We focus on designing, delivering and embedding robust, pragmatic IT Service Management and delivery solutions. iCore has a long and impressive track record of helping major UK and international companies transform their IT capabilities across all aspects of the delivery and support lifecycle.
Businesses are driving their IT to improve ‘traditional’ Service Delivery Management and evolve the organisation to deliver greater business benefit through the use of Agile, Lean, and DevOps. They are exploiting new technology such as Digital, Cloud and ‘as a service’ platforms to further enhance IT business value which is driving Service Delivery change. iCore is therefore looking to expand the consultancy base to meet this upward trend in demand and help our clients meet this new challenge.
About the Role
iCore is used to engaging at all points throughout the IT Operating Model (from strategy to operations) and is technology and tools agnostic – i.e. we are familiar with most platforms, legacy systems and architecture, a wide variety of Service Management tooling and cloud/virtualised environments.
The roles we undertake can be strategic, consultative or operational in nature. We not only inform our clients on how to improve their IT Services capability, we then help them change and embed the improvements.
Our Consultants engage at all levels working alongside operational staff, managers and directors. They need to win over operational staff, convince managers and influence directors.
Our Consultants must be flexible to accommodate our clients. The role involves travel and staying away from home many nights. Most of our clients are UK based but a few are overseas and some UK clients have overseas branches.
- Delivery of all Customer objectives as agreed between iCore and the Customer to the required deadlines and quality
- Delivery of specific tasks and assignments as agreed with the Service Management Practice to the required deadlines and quality. This includes the provision of marketing, articles and research papers as instructed
- Identifying additional value to iCore through suggesting research and/or learning opportunities
- Identifying further opportunities for iCore to engage with potential Customers and assisting the Sales Team to define and land those opportunities
- Attending, contributing to and/or delivering iCore Service Management knowledge sharing meetings
- Maintaining regular contact with the Team Lead as agreed, in order to share information and to discuss any matters arising
- Be familiar with all guidance and knowledge articles produced to support consultants in delivery of assignments
- Be proactive in the development of the Service Management Practice. This includes updating the Best Practice library and producing whitepapers, case studies, blogs or other items that will develop the business
About the Person
iCore Consultants need to have gravitas and confidence. They should have 10 years+ Service Management and delivery experience some of which should be in major UK/global companies. Their Service Management experience should be hands-on in at least 3 Service Management disciplines with exposure to other SM disciplines. They should have a proven track record of delivering Service Transformation.
We are seeing a growing demand for Consultants who can help our clients align Service Management with Agile, DevOps and support and manage Digital and Cloud services. Experience and exposure to these would be beneficial.
- Extensive experience of operating across the Service Management Lifecycle
- Practical experience in a strategic or senior management role
- Experience of process implementation and improvement
- Experience of IT project management
- Ability to gather requirements and articulate these to all parties
- Experience of operating in uncertain environments, providing leadership and guidance
- Ability to professionally present to both large and small audiences
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to produce written material (reports, case studies, etc.) to a high standard
- Familiar with the implications of organisational change and methods of enabling successful change
- Diverse IT background with significant experience in large scale blue-chip corporations
- Ability to adapt experience to accommodate diverse scenarios sometimes outside your natural comfort zone
- Experience of, or exposure to, Agile Project Management, Agile Development, Digital and Cloud implementations and management plus DevOps ways of working
- ITIL Manager’s Certificate (Version 2) or ITIL Expert Certificate (Version 3)
- Experience in undertaking ITIL Maturity Assessments (or other equivalent)
- Experience in multiple industries
- Consultancy experience
- Project Management certification
- ISO certification
- Experience and/or accreditation of COBIT / SFIA / Six Sigma / Lean / IT4IT
About the Company
iCore has a family ethos. Our consultants support each other and exchange expertise. We will help you grow into a multifaceted professional consultant, able to operate in traditional, new and changing Service Delivery environments.
iCore has ambitious plans to expand the company and we are looking for Consultants that can be part of this new and exciting journey.
If you believe you possess the necessary skills and experience to fill this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org